Intern – expenses only
We have one place for an exceptional graduate as an intern for an indeterminate period. We are looking for a star of the future – someone who will one day run a successful design company.
What we offer
- Involvement in all our live jobs with a mix of production, admin and creative where appropriate
- Close collaboration and integration with our small team
- Support or advice on skills and working methodology
- An understanding of the business end of design – project management, quality control, fee proposals, pitching, client liaison and support, admin, billing, credit control etc.
What we need
Applicants must have all these attributes:
- A completed graphic design degree to 2.1 or higher (i.e. not marketing, interior design etc.)
- An intelligent, enquiring mind with a diverse range of interests e.g. politics, theatre
- Proficiency in all of the following Quark (or InDesign), Dreamweaver, Photoshop
- Experience of HTML website construction ( not Flash) and basic HTML programming
- A varied creative commercial graphic design portfolio i.e. one that is in line with our work – please note we cannot see candidates whose main focus is illustration, photography, image manipulation, packaging, book design, signage etc.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- A team player with an open, willing and cooperative attitude
- A friendly relaxed nature with good communication skills.
- PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU FULFIL ALL OF THE ABOVE
In a good economy you would have a job by now and we would not be looking for an unpaid intern but we would be advertising for a full time junior designer.
Like nearly every other company in our sector we are dependent on the amount of work coming in and the fees we are able to charge. If we win sufficient new work to support another member of staff than an intern would be in a strong position, if they have the skills we need at that time. However there is no certainty in any of this.
How to apply
We receive many inappropriate applications so please only apply if you match our criteria – we will not confirm receipt of applications which do not match our criteria
Email your CV to Chris Hellowell email@example.com and attach a PDF of your portfolio ( 3MB max) or provide a link to your online portfolio
Like / Follow Cogent Design
Like / Share this page